Founder, owner and consultant - Intelligate Consulting AB, Stockholm, Sweden. July 2014 - ongoing.
• Analytical services within insurance, actuarial services, Solvency II, SAS and data modeling.
• Solvency II related assignments including:
+ Data Warehouse Architect for one of Swedens largest credit insurers.
+ Tech Lead for one of Scandinavias largest non-life insurance companies.
+ Disclosure Requirements Advisor for one of Scandinavias largest home insurance companies.
+ Technical Provisions Documentation Specialist for one of Swedens leading reinsurance companies.
Solvency II Technical Lead - RSA Scandinavia, Stockholm, Sweden. May - June 2014.
• Finalize deliveries of Solvency II data to the actuarial department and disclosures.
+ Trimmed calculation engines for exposure data, reducing run times and data volumes with ~95%.
Part time Solvency II Technical Advisor - RSA Scandinavia, Stockholm, Sweden. November 2013 - May 2014.
• Support the Solvency II Data & Applications work stream in the deliveries of crucial data within strict deadlines.
+ Successfully delivered a full TP delivery for disclosures (E & F-templates) within tight timeframes.
Full Time DAD for Matilda Hemmingsson, Bromma, Sweden. July 2013 - April 2014.
• Walk training. Dog imitation. Bus chasing.
+ Learned how to deal with a new kind of customer ;)
Solvency II Technical Lead - RSA Scandinavia, Stockholm, Sweden. January 2012 - June 2013.
• Gather data requirements for the Internal Capital Model, Standard Formula, Technical Provisions and Disclosures.
• Review data requirements for Solvency II, with a focus on accuracy, completeness and materiality.
• Build ETLs and Data Models to service internal data users and deliver long term solutions within a new data structure.
+ Gathered all required specifications and documentations, to fulfil the internal customers needs.
+ Designed and implemented ETLs and data models for a new Solvency II data storage.
Solvency II Data Analyst - RSA Scandinavia, Stockholm, Sweden. January - December 2011.
• Remediate data issues within Data Warehouses, General Ledgers and manual data sources.
• Resolve data issues to lay the groundwork towards Solvency II compliance for RSA Scandinavia.
+ Identified and remediated quality issues in the existing data warehouses.
+ Automated processes for identifying possible future discrepancies.
+ Designed and implemented new data flows from underlying source systems to feed the data warehouse with new data.
Motor Pricing Specialist - RSA & Al Ahlia Insurance, Muscat, Oman. June - December 2010.
• Profitability and pricing analysis for the motor portfolio, both personal lines and commercial lines.
• Build new tariff structure and refine the rating strategy.
• Monitor impact on GWP, risk mix and profitability as the tariff is modified.
+ Implemented a new tariff for the motor portfolio.
+ Transformed the risk mix and increased the profitability significantly, with only moderate effects on GWP.
Non-Life Pricing Actuary - Trygg Hansa, Stockholm, Sweden. March 2007 - June 2010.
• Actuarial pricing analysis with a focus on house, home, content and specialty.
• Develop models for Hitrates, Retention, Customer Value, Customer Lifetime, Rate Movements, Risk Mix and Sales.
• Build management information reports to Underwriters, Marketing, Portfolio Managers and Key Account Managers.
• Estimate effects of a new Motor TPL legislation. Produce reports to Ministry of Health and Social Affairs.
• Develop and implement automatic and deterministic fraud detection systems for claims, using Bayesian Networks.
+ Automated and improved the pricing models for personal property.
+ Successfully designed, developed and implemented models for business intelligence KPIs as mentioned above.
+ Developed 6 complete fraud models in cooperation with the fraud department and IT.
+ After 1 year of development - the fraud models paid back the full development cost in 2 months.
Claims adjustor - Trygg Hansa, Umeå, Sweden. September 2005 - March 2007.
• Handling claims within personal accident and health.
• Software tester for the claims system.
Student Assistant - UCIE, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA. March - June 2004.
• Guided international students to find solutions for academic and practical issues.
Claims Adjustor - Trygg Hansa, Umeå, Sweden. June - August, 2002 & 2003.
• Handling claims within travel and accident.
• Platinum Club Award nominee - 2009 & 2013.
• Smart goal assessment:.
Superior 2007, Outstanding 2008, Superior 2009, Good 2010, Superior 2011, Superior 2012, Superior 2013.
• Ranked #1 in an internal survey when 200 respondents throughout RSA Scandinavia were asked:.
"Who do you turn to for data?" and "How service minded is this person?". October 2012.
• Selected to represent RSA Group PLC on their new careers website, to attract new talents. September 2012.
Visit the website - under "Actuary". Click here!.
• Fast Track - participated in a global 2 year development programme, graduated in July 2011.
• RSA Scandinavia Finance Awards - "From less waiting to be trained - to more owning your development". May 2011.
• Member of Mensa, after taking a standardised and supervised test with top 1% result (42/45). 2009.
Umeå University - Umeå, Sweden. 1999 - 2005.
• Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Major in Finance. June 2005.
Thesis title: Currency Derivative Trade - Banking Choices and Government Interventions.
+ Read the Thesis here.
• Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration. Major in Finance. November 2004.
Thesis title: Hedging with Currency Derivatives - A Useful Strategy for Smaller Companies?
+ Read the Thesis here.
• Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. February 2003.
Thesis title: The AKS Algorithm.
+ Read the Thesis here.
Wright State University - Dayton, OH, USA. 2003 - 2004.
• Master level studies in Finance and Mathematics. Complementary courses in Economics.
Härnösands gymnasium - Härnösand, Sweden. 1996 - 1999.
• High school degree, scientific program.
• Professional programmer in SAS Base 9.1 and SAS on SPDS.
• Well experienced programmer in SAS Data Integration Studio 4.3 and 4.4.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including basic VBA programming in Excel.
• Experienced user of Hugin Expert / Developer for Bayesian Network Modeling.
• Well experienced in html and good knowledge in java, c++ and ml programming.
• Very confident in using both Mac and PC.
• Swedish - native.
• English - fluent.
• Danish and Norwegian - very good understanding.
• French - some understanding.
+46 (0)70 360 89 67